St Christopher's RC Primary & Nursery SEND
St Christopher's SENCO is Mrs Connery and can be contacted on the school phone number:
0161 330 5880 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The local offer for services for children with SEND can be found by clicking on the link below:
Tameside Council SEND Offer to Parents.
We understand that if you believe your child may have Special Educational Needs or a disability you will have many questions, such as:
- What type of SEN provision is made throughout school? See Regulations 1 and 3e
- What is the school policy for the identification of needs?
- How does the school assess whether a child has SEN (D)? See Regulation 2
- What is the school ethos and approach to SEN (D)? See Regulation 3
- How does the school evaluate the effectiveness of the provision made? See Regulation 3a
- How does the school adapt the curriculum and school environment for its pupils? See Regulation 3d
- How does the school ensure the inclusion of pupils with SEN(D) in activities outside of the classroom? See Regulation 3f
- Who do I contact for further details? See Regulation 4
- What specialist skills/expertise do school staff have? See Regulation 5
- What training is available to staff? See Regulation 5
- How are equipment and facilities to support pupils secured? See Regulation 6
- What can a parent do if they have concerns? See Regulation 7
- How should complaints regarding SEN provision be made and how will they be dealt with? See Regulation 9
- What external specialist services are accessed by schools to meet the needs of pupils and support their families? See Regulation 10
- Who outside of school can I turn to for advice and support? See Regulation 11
- How does the school support pupils with SEN during the transition? See Regulation 12
- Where can I find information about Local Authority provisions for children with SEN? See Regulation 13
Answers to all these questions can be found in our school policy for SEN(D) & inclusion.
By law, we must publish a SEN information report on our school’s policy for pupils with SEN.
The report must comply with:
- Section 69(2) of the Children and Families Act 2014
- Regulation 51 and Schedule 1 of the Special Educational Needs and Disability Regulations 2014
- The Policy of the Governing Body in relation to pupils with Special Educational needs or disabilities (SEND).