Applying for free school meals
Free school meals are available to pupils in receipt of, or whose parents are in receipt of, one or more
of the following benefits:
- Universal Credit, provided you have an annual net earned income not exceeding £7,400 (£616.67 per month) as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided you're not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190, as assessed by HMRC
- Working Tax Credit run-out - paid 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
Even if your child is currently in Reception, or years 1 or 2 and in receipt of a Universal infant Free School Meal (UIFSM), we can still carry out the check, this won’t affect your current entitlement to a free school meal under the UIFSM scheme.
If you think you might be eligible click the link below and complete the whole form. Once you have saved your form please make sure you log out of or click return to the homepage at the end of the form.
Please contact the school office if you have any questions regarding applying for FSM: firstname.lastname@example.org