Applying for free school meals
Free school meals are available to pupils in receipt of, or whose parents are in receipt of one or more of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
Children who get paid these benefits directly, instead of through a parent or guardian, can also get free school meals.
If your child is eligible for free school meals, they’ll remain eligible until they finish the phase of schooling (primary or secondary) they’re in on 31 March 2023.
If you think you might be eligible click the link below and complete the whole form. Once you have saved your form please make sure you log out of or click return to the homepage at the end of the form.
- Even if your child is currently in Reception, or years 1 or 2 and in receipt of a Universal infant Free School Meal (UIFSM), we can still carry out the check, this won’t affect your current entitlement to a free school meal under the UIFSM scheme.
Please contact the school office if you have any questions regarding applying for FSM or require a paper format of the application form: firstname.lastname@example.org