At St Christopher’s through our science teaching, children are encouraged to recognise the influence and power of scientific enquiry by asking questions to develop a sense of excitement and enhance curiosity in the world we live in. Our pupils are motivated to understand how science can be used to explain what is happening, predict how things will react and to analyse how and why this has happened.
We aim to ensure that all pupils:
• develop scientific knowledge and understanding through biology, chemistry and physics.
• develop their understanding through scientific enquiry and investigations to help them ask and answer questions.
• develop a scientific knowledge to understand the uses, needs and the impacts of science.
• are able to make strong links with science and the world we live in.
• are motivated and challenged by cross curricular links to enhance their curiosity.
• lead their own scientific enquiry by asking questions to link learning which stimulates and is relatable to the world.
Each unit is supported by a knowledge mat which details the key vocab, interesting books and the key knowledge required. These are sent home to parents to help them complete a project before the unit is started.
Please click on our Science programme of study below: