Modern Foreign Language (MFL)
At St Christopher’s French is taught by a language specialist teacher, Mrs Kuza. The main weekly focus is taught by Mrs Kuza and then this is reinforced in the week by the class teachers and in assemblies.
The children learn French through songs, stories and games. The focus in Year 3 and Year 4 is building the children’s confidence to have a go at speaking French with the correct pronunciation as well as developing vocab following the objectives of the national curriculum KS2 languages programme of study.
Our main aims in French are that the children:
• Listen attentively to spoken language and show understanding by joining in and responding.
• Explore the patterns and sounds of language through songs and rhymes and link the spelling, sound and meaning of the words.
• Engage in conversations; ask and answer questions; express opinions and respond to those of others.
• Broaden their vocabulary and develop their ability to understand new words.
• Read a passage carefully and with understanding of words and phrases.
• Describe people, places and things and actions orally and in a simple sentence.
For all year groups we also hold an annual French day which immerses the children in learning the culture of France.
Please click on our MFL programme of study below: